Our kitchen offers many ingredients which have multiple purposes. One of them is baking soda which can be a great beauty product. It has the ability to protect, nourish, and heal the skin of your face.
Baking soda is well known for its many medicinal properties and because of that it is widely used in the treatment of many health issues. However, this ingredient is also particularly beneficial for the skin, hair and teeth. Likewise, it acts as a natural exfoliate and soothes skin irritations. It can act as a deodorant without the content of aluminum and parabens as well.
In this article we shall concentrate on baking soda’s ability to improve the condition of your skin and as well as its health.
There is a simple homemade baking soda mask which will do wonders for your skin.
Baking Soda Mask
- 1 ½ tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of cool water
It is very simple; just mix the ingredients in order to form a thick paste. Then, apply it on your face and leave it to act for 5-10 minutes. After that, wash it off with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
For dry skin, leave the mask on for a shorter period of time as baking soda removes all facial oil.
For oily skin, leave the mask on longer, and then apply a moisturizer.
Benefits of Baking Soda Mask
This mask can offer the following benefits:
- It is ideal when blackheads are concerned. It can prevent the infection that they cause and as well as loosen up the skin for their easier removal.
- Acts as a natural antibiotic, and therefore can cure many fungal infections accountable for the appearance of acne and some other blemishes. Likewise, baking soda can remove acne scars and accelerate the healing process.
- Baking soda soothes pain from the skin toning.
- It is perfect for the pores due to the powerful antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. The use of this mask will alleviate the inflammation; open the pores thereby making your skin to look beautiful. Plus, it prevents the clogging of the pores and aids in absorbing the oil.
Other sources included: